I think my fondness of making pie increase since I join the masak bareng yuuk event last month. It is really fun to make a pie. When moms in my neighbourhood had arisan in my home, I baked this flaky pie with peanut butter custard (vla) filling for them...
100 gr unsalted butter or margarine, chilled
225 gr all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
3 - 5 tbs ice water, very cold
150 ml milk
1/8 tsp salt
35 gr sugar
15 gr maizena, dissolved in 2 tbs water
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbs margarine
15 gr peanut butter (add some more for stronger peanut taste)
Chocolate chips for decoration
- Boil milk, salt, and sugar. Add the corn flour. Stir constantly until bubbling. Off the stove.
Add the egg yolk. Stir it quickly. Turn on the stove again. Stir constantly until thicken.
Add the margarine and peanut butter. Stir until thick and smooth. Remove from the stove and let to cool.
- Combine margarine, flour and salt until resembles coarse meal. Add the egg yolks, mix until it begins to hold together. Knead briefly so that the dough comes together. Carefully shape the dough into a disc. Wrap it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 5 - 10 minutes. Take a little portion of the dough. Put it between 2 plastic sheets. Roll out with a rolling pin. Cut out circles with a cup.
- Gently press a circle to a greased pie dish. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake in the preheated oven 170 C for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the fillings into the pie. Decorate the pie with chocolate chips.
sources: sajian sedap