Tuesday 28 August 2012

Gluten-free banana cake

This banana cake is also popular among Indonesian foodie blogger. Ienas tsuroiya was the first who brought it up. After that, many people tried to bake it and gave it good reviews. This time I tried to make it gluten free. I got the recipe from dapur solia.
This cake was pretty nice. It kept moist until the next days. If only that the chocolate chips didn't sunk to the bottom, it would be a perfect cake.


The original recipe:

Banana Cake
By Julie Hasson via Ienas Tsuroiya via Dapur solia

2 1/2 cup (325 gr) all purpose flour 
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (225 ml) oil
2 cup (425 gr) sugar
4 eggs
2 cup (425 gr) bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup (200 gr) semisweet chocolate chip
3/4 cup toasted walnut (optional) 

What I did:

I only made half the recipe and fit 1 loaf pan. I divided all the ingredients into 2. I substituted the flour with the rice flour mix, in the ratio of 5 rice flour : 3.5 cornstarch : 1.5 sagoo flour. I reduced the sugar about 50 % to adjust my unsweet tooth. I also substituted white sugar with palm sugar.

82 gr rice flour
57 gr cornstarch
24 gr sagoo flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
110 ml oil
100 gr palm sugar
2 eggs
215 gr overripe bananas, mashed
1/2 tsp vanilla
100 gr chocolate chips



Methods:

Preheat oven 350F (180C). Line a loaf pan with baking paper and grease with margarine.
In a bowl, combine all the flour, baking soda and salt.
Using an electric mixer, beat oil and sugar. Add the eggs one by one. Keep beating.
Add in the bananas and vanilla. Beat well.
Sift in the flour mix. Mix well.
Stir in the chocolate chip and nuts.
Pour in the baking pan. Bake 60 - 65 minutes until done.


I submit this post to aspiring bakers # 22, lightened up cakes
hosted by Qi Ting of A Dessert Diet.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment