This dessert is quick and simple ... crunchy and sweet...sooo yummy, everybody loves it...one is never enough. The original recipe uses 1 apple dan 1 pear but here I use 2 apples without pear. It is said that the almond meal boosts the calcium and protein while the apples boosts the fruit and soluble fibre content.
1 egg white
1/2 cup almond meal
2 tsp raw sugar
2 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 tsp raw sugar extra
- Preheat the oven 180C and line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Lightly beat the egg white with a fork. Take out 1 tbs and set aside. Mix the the reminder of the egg white with almond meal and raw sugar to make the frangipane paste.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 rectangles and spread some of the frangipane paste onto the centre of each rectangle.
- Lay apples on top of the frangipane paste (about 5 or 6 slices per rectangle)
- Brush each rectangle with the reserved egg white and sprinkle with the extra sugar.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutess or until puffed and golden brown.