Friday 20 April 2012

Kue lumpur ubi ungu

Kue lumpur is one of my favourite snacks. My family usually make or buy the potato kue lumpur. Until I found a recipe that used the sweet potato instead of potato in an old femina magazine. It looked sooo tempting, just the same as the potato one. Let's give it a try, do they taste the same? 




The original recipe uses white sweet potato and I had substituted with the purple one. I also substituted the sultanas with sliced almonds, because I cannot find my sultanas...aargh, they dissapeared just before I need them. I also substituted half the coconut milk with milk, because I run out of coconut milk. Last, I  add some melted margarine. 

500 gr purple sweet potato, steamed and mashed
150 gr plain four
500 ml coconut milk (250 ml coconut milk + 250 ml milk)
180 gr sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/4 tsp salt
I add 20 gr margarine, melted
1/2 tsp margarine for greasing
sultanas or young coconut flesh for topping (almonds sliced)




Place mashed sweet potato and flour in a bowl. Mix well. Gradually pour coconut milk and milk. Mix well. Strain out using a fine strainer. Set aside. 
Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. 
Fold in the sweet potato and flour mixture. Mix well. Strain out again. 
Add melted margarine and mix well. 
Heat the kue lumpur pan and grease each hole with margarine. 
Spoon the batter into the heated pan and close the lid. Cook over a low heat. Add almonds when they are about half cooked. 




Source: Femina magazine 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment