After my friend, hesti Saifuddin, posted this eggless, butterless, chocolate blockless yet super moist, chocolatey cake on facebook last month, many people then gave it a try. And they all share the same word, wonderfull!
1 1/4 cup flour (160 gr)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder (65 gr)
1 cup palm suiker/gula semut (I used only 1/2 cup = 100 gr)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs full cream milk powder
1 1/4 cup cold water (300 ml)
1 tsp vanilla essense
1/2 tsp mocca or chocolate paste
1/2 cup oil (100 ml sunflower oil)
1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- Preheat the oven (160C). Butter a baking pan (I used 30 X 10 cm) and dust with a little flour or line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Add sugar, salt, and milk powder. Mix well.
- Pour the water, oil, vanilla, vinegar, and chocolate paste. Mix until just combined using a ballon whisk. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan (3/4 full if using muffin cup). You may add chocolate chip or almonds.
- Bake for about 1 hour (or 25 - 30 minutes if using muffin cup), depends on the size of the baking pan.