Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Corn & cheese poffertjes

It was early morning, before shubuh time, the first Friday of this month. I didn't have anything for my children's snackboxes. There were nothing interesting in the fridge, except 2 cob of corns. Then, as usual I goggled to find a recipe using the corns. I found one at sajian sedap, corn and cheese poffertjes, sounds yummy right?

Sssst... I posted this poffertjes after my friend Ayudiah keep posting her poffertjes again and again. She remained me of this foto and make me drooling ... ^^




Ingredients:
A.
200 gr all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp instant yeast
25 gr caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt

B.
2 eggs, lightly beaten
275 ml milk
100 gr corns, grated (I used 2 corns)

C.
30 gr margarine, melted (I used 1 tbs oil)

D.
50 gr cheddar cheese, cubed for filling
50 gr powdered sugar for dusting


Methods:

  • Mix the ingredients A in a bowl.
  • Mix the ingredients B in another bowl.
  • Gradually pour mixture B to mixture A. Mix until well combined, smooth and no lump. Set aside for 20  minutes.
  • Add the oil. Mix well again.
  • Heat the poffertjes pan. Grease with oil.
  • Spoon the batter 3/4 full (I fill it full). When it start to bubbles and the bottom of the poffertjes seems to already set, use a sate stick to lift it a bit, just a bit,
  •   at one side. Let the batter flow down to the pan. (then I spoon again a bit of the batter). Add the filling in the centre then flip it. 
  • Cook until done.
  • Serve warm. Decorate with powdered sugar.