It was early morning, before shubuh time, the first Friday of this month. I didn't have anything for my children's snackboxes. There were nothing interesting in the fridge, except 2 cob of corns. Then, as usual I goggled to find a recipe using the corns. I found one at sajian sedap, corn and cheese poffertjes, sounds yummy right?
200 gr all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp instant yeast
25 gr caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
275 ml milk
100 gr corns, grated (I used 2 corns)
30 gr margarine, melted (I used 1 tbs oil)
50 gr cheddar cheese, cubed for filling
50 gr powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix the ingredients A in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients B in another bowl.
- Gradually pour mixture B to mixture A. Mix until well combined, smooth and no lump. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Add the oil. Mix well again.
- Heat the poffertjes pan. Grease with oil.
- Spoon the batter 3/4 full (I fill it full). When it start to bubbles and the bottom of the poffertjes seems to already set, use a sate stick to lift it a bit, just a bit,
- at one side. Let the batter flow down to the pan. (then I spoon again a bit of the batter). Add the filling in the centre then flip it.
- Cook until done.
- Serve warm. Decorate with powdered sugar.