Selamat Hari Raya Idul Fitri
Taqabballahu Minna Wa Minkum
Minal Aidin wal faizin
Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Bathin
For all my very good friends,
Wishing us at this Eid and after
Allah bless us with lots of
Love, happiness, Peace and Success.
Gluten-free Kue Kacang
adapted from diah didi
250 gr shelled peanuts
400 gr plain flour (me: rice flour)
150 gr sugar
200 ml oil (me: much more than this)
1 tsp salt
2 egg yolk + 1 tbs margarine for egg wash
- Roast the peanuts in a pan or an oven. If you want to use a pan, see my post about peanut butter. If you prefer the oven roasting method, arrange peanuts flat in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place the baking pan on the middle rack of a preheated oven 180 C for around 15 minutes. You need to stir it once or twice during roasting.
- Remove from the pan or oven when the peanuts are just slightly under cooked. They will continue to cook during they are cooling down.
- Place them on a kitchen towel and rub with both of your hands to remove their skin.
- Process peanuts in a food processor or blender until fine.
- Combine fine peanuts, flour, sugar, and salt in a big bowl.
- Pour oil bit by bit and mix well. Stop adding oil when the dough can hold together.
- Keep the dough in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheet and cut with your chosen cookie cutter.
- Place the cookie on a greased baking tray and brush with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven, 170 C for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Just like the peanuts, the cookies will continue to cook and become crunchy as they cool.