225 gr carrots
225 gr self raising flour and 2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
140 gr brown sugar (aku hanya pake 120 gr)
Grated zest of 1 orange
2 tsp ground cinnamon
115 gr chopped roasted hazelnuts or walnuts (aku skip)
55 gr desiccated coconut
2 large eggs
150 ml sunflower oil
juice of 1 orange
- Set the oven. Grease the cake tin. Cut out a circle of baking parchment the same size as the tin and cover the base with it.
- Peel the carrots and trim off their tops. Grate them using a grater or food processor.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the carrots, salt, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, nuts, and coconut.
- Beat the eggs. Add the eggs, sunflower oil and orange juice to the cake mixture and mix everything together well.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin. Bake it for 60 to 75 minutes until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove it from the tin and put it on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Source: Children's Quick & Easy Cookbook by Angela Wilkes