I promised her to practice it after I back home in Indonesia. Now that I already have a chiffon cake pan, I could not resist to bake my first chiffon cake. Unfortunately I didn't copy her recipe and I could not find it in her blog. So I used a recipe from sajian sedap. Here it is... a bit over-bake, but still nice...^^ not bad, right?
60 gr plain flour
50 gr glutinous rice flour
35 gr caster sugar
1/2 tsp spekoek powder (I skipped)
50 ml oil
30 ml coconut milk
75 gr bananas, mashed
5 egg yolks
5 eggs whites
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
75 gr sugar
- Preheat the oven
- In a bowl, place mashed bananas, oil, and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Sift together flour, glutinous rice flour, caster sugar, and spekkuk powder (if using).
- Gradually pour the bananas, coconut milk and oil mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well using a ballon whisk. Add the egg yolks. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, gradually add salt and sugar, beat on high speed until just before stiff peak.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the egg yolk batter until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into ungreased 20 cm chiffon pan. Bang the pan lightly a few times against the table top or floor to release the air bubbles.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Do not open the oven during the baking!
- Invert the pan and let it completely cool before removing the cake from the pan.