Wednesday 25 July 2012

Chiffon pisang ketan


Some months before I left Perth, my best friend Wulan sucipto taught me how to make a chiffon cake. She came to my house with all the ingredients needed to make a banana chiffon cake. How lucky I am! That was the first and only 'cooking class' I have. Thanks a lot ya say ^^
I promised her to practice it after I back home in Indonesia. Now that I already have  a chiffon cake pan, I could not resist to bake my first chiffon cake. Unfortunately I didn't copy her recipe and I could not find it in her blog. So I used a recipe from sajian sedap. Here it is... a bit over-bake, but still nice...^^ not bad, right?


Ingredients
60 gr plain flour
50 gr glutinous rice flour
35 gr caster sugar
1/2 tsp spekoek powder (I skipped)
50 ml oil
30 ml coconut milk
75 gr bananas, mashed
5 egg yolks
5 eggs whites
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
75 gr sugar


Methods
  • Preheat the oven
  • In a bowl, place mashed bananas, oil, and coconut milk. Mix well.
  • Sift together flour, glutinous rice flour, caster sugar, and spekkuk powder (if using). 
  • Gradually pour the bananas, coconut milk and oil mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well using a ballon whisk. Add the egg yolks. Mix well.
  • Beat egg whites until foamy, gradually add salt and sugar, beat on high speed until just before stiff peak.
  • Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the egg yolk batter until fully incorporated.
  • Pour the batter into ungreased 20 cm chiffon pan. Bang the pan lightly a few times against the table top or floor to release the air bubbles.
  • Bake for 60 minutes. Do not open the oven during the baking!
  • Invert the pan and let it completely cool before removing the cake from the pan.
Source: sajian sedap

No comments:

Post a Comment