1 cup rolled oat
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar (I use only 1/2 cup)
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
125 gr butter
2 tbs golden syrup
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbs hot water
- Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut.
- Combine butter and golden syrup, stir over gentle heat until melted.
- Mix soda with boiling water, add to butter mixture. Stir into dry ingredients.
- Take a tsp of mixture and place on lightly greased oven trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook in slow oven (150C) for 20 minutes.
- Loosen while still warm, then cool on trays.