Friday 25 November 2011

Rice Flaxseed Cupcake

This recipe surely catches my eyes...rice flour in a cupcake? yup. Maybe not for the others but this is a new thing for me...I am keen to give it a try.... It is originally prepared for one with a food allergy or intolerance. That's way all the ingredients are supposed to be free of dairy, gluten, nut, soy, and egg. But because no one has that problem in my house, I use regular flour and baking powder, and milk instead of rice drink .... I add flaxseed and vanilla to boost the nutrition and flavour. It turns out beautifull...fluffy and moist...the taste? delicious...'It touches my heart' said my daugther... :D


125 gr (dairy-free) margarine 
115 gr caster sugar ----- I use 85 gr
2 eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
125 gr (gluten-free soy-free) self raising flour
90 gr rice flour
3 tsp (gluten-free) baking powder
125 ml rice drink ------- I use milk 
icing sugar for dusting


I add 2 tbs flaxseed meal and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence.



  • Preheat the oven 180C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.
  • Using an electric mixer, beat the margarine and sugar together well until light and fluffy.Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Fold in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the rice drink. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin holes and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
  • Dust the cupcakes with icing sugar.




    Source: Baby and Toddler Food by Murdoch Books

    No comments:

    Post a Comment