Wednesday 9 May 2012

Is it a cake or a brownie?

I had 2 overripe bananas on the table. I was thinking to use it in a cake when, unluckily, I couldn't browse to get the recipe that I wanted. OK then, let's just try to incorporate the bananas in any one of the cake from my own blog. I chose the supermoist eggless chocolate cake.


The original recipe 
Here is the original recipe that I got from mba Hesti's blog. I have already converted the measurement from cup to gram. 


160 gr cup flour 
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
65 gr cocoa powder 
200 gr palm suiker (gula semut) 
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs full cream milk powder
300 ml cold water 
1 tsp vanilla essense
1/2 tsp mocca or chocolate paste
100 ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice


The update recipe
Then, here is my variation. I added a cup of mashed banana into that original recipe. Banana is known as a perfect substitution for sugar and oil. So, I cut down the sugar into only 50 gr and the oil into 50 ml. I had substituted milk powder and water for milk. But I forgot to stir in the baking powder, baking soda, and vinegar in the batter. Oh my...


1 60 gr flour 
65 gr cocoa powder 
50 gr palm sugar 
1/2 tsp salt
100 ml milk 
1 tsp vanilla essense
1/2 tsp chocolate paste
50 ml sunflower oil
1 cup (240 ml) banana, mashed
chocolate chips for sprinking




Method
  • Preheat the oven (160C). Butter a baking pan (I used 30 X 10 cm) and dust with a little flour.
  • In a bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Add sugar and salt. Mix well.
  • Pour the mashed banana, milk, oil, vanilla, and chocolate paste. Mix until just combined using a ballon whisk. Do not overmix.
  • Pour the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chip.
  • Bake until done.


My Note
It is an easy cake, quite quick to make. Without egg, baking powder and baking soda of course this cake almost doesn't rise at all. It is dense but still moist. It kinda looks like a banana brownies...^^... It is pretty tasty though. My bananas taste a bit strong. But the combination of banana and chocolate is really interesting. I will not forget the baking powder and baking soda next time!

2 comments:

  1. brownies look sooo moist n yummy... mummy like it:)D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mummy... actually it was a fail cake but yummy... :)

      Delete